We had a fun but very busy weekend. On Friday afternoon the boys and I drove down to Louisville with Mom and Dad Truwe to see Dana, Doug, Emily and Michael. On Sat morning we went to downtown Louisville to see the Parade of Nations. The parade was not as long as we hoped, but it was neat to see different people dressed in their native costumes and hear bagpipes too. It just so happened that there was a free festival in from of where the History Museum and the Louisville Slugger Factory were to celebrate "Founder's Day." The kids enjoyed a bouncy house and a giant blow-up slide. Emily and Michael got a chance to climb up a rock climbing wall. Andrew and Michael also got to hit a few balls in the batting cage at the Louisville slugger factory as well as climb around on the giant stone glove they have there. The History Museum was free too, so we went in there and enjoyed watching a live sword fight with two knights. By the time we got back to Dana and Doug's house Gene had finished his football draft and joined us too.
Sunday morning we drove back to Indianapolis in time to get the kids down for their naps so they could be well rested to enjoy the Caribbean Cove water park at the Holiday Inn with Grandma and Grandpa Buerosse. Andrew especially enjoyed himself and loved running around on the pirate ship and going down the water slides. Noah liked the basketball area, but wasn't quite sure of the pirate ship area. Mommy and Daddy and Grandma and Grandpa liked the big slides and I think we all had a good time. We got home in time for lunch on Monday. Unfortunately Grandma and Grandpa Buerosse had to cut their trip short because Grandma Kernen ended up in the hospital due to chest pains. She was released on Tuesday and they don't think there is anything major going on, thank goodness.
When I get a chance I'll post pictures from the weekend. Unfortunately I don't have pictures of the water park because it wasn't very convenient to carry a camera around, but I'll get a few other pics up later.
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment