Wednesday, April 28, 2010

First t-ball game

Saturday Andrew had his first t-ball game. At this age group they don't keep score, so it's more or less a learning stage. Both teams get to bat their whole line-up twice and that's the game. Each player gets 5 pitched balls and then, if they haven't hit the ball after that, they get to hit off the tee. Andrew did well with paying attention most of the time. He did pick a few dandelions to make a special wish. I think maybe to play well! Noah enjoyed running around with a couple of the brothers of one of the players, another Noah and Eli. Andrew is excited that there are two boys on his team that also go to school at Trinity, Jeremiah and Johnny.





Andrew played the pitching position the second inning.


Good game players! Andrew is the third player in line
.

Unfortunately Andrew's second game, which was supposed to be on Monday was canceled due to wet fields. It didn't rain most of Monday, but it rained Saturday evening and most of the day on Sunday and some on Monday morning, so the fields were still too wet. Andrew was very disappointed and was very upset when I told him that he wouldn't get to play. At first he cried and then he stopped and said "Mommy I have an idea. Why don't we play in our rain boots?" I stopped myself from laughing and told him that although that was a great idea, I didn't think that would work. Poor guy. His next game will be on Saturday. Hopefully the rain stays away this weekend!