Monday, January 19, 2009

It's still Christmas

This past weekend we were in Milwaukee to celebrate Christmas with Gene's side of the family. We left Indianapolis around 1:00 PM and were happy to find that we hit little to no traffic when driving through Chicago. That allowed us to make the trip in 4 1/2 hrs, which is great with even having a short stop. We made it to Gene's parent's house in time to enjoy a Friday fish fry prepared by Gene's Dad. YUM YUM!!

On Sat morning we kind of treated it like Christmas morning and Gene's Mom had all the gifts laid out and ready. We let Andrew wake up the rest of the family and then we opened presents. We all got lots of nice things - thanks Mom and Dad Buerosse! In the afternoon Stephanie and Cody came over too, so the boys got to play with their little cousin. We also enjoyed an awesome steak meal with all the fixings and pie too. Needless to say I didn't do very well with my Biggest Loser competition over the weekend.

We left to go home around 11:30 AM on Sunday and made it in record time. Noah was sleeping at our normal stopping point and Andrew was doing OK watching a movie, so we just decided to drive on through. We made it in 4 hrs!! I think that's even better time than I usually made back when Gene and I were driving back and forth when we were dating.

I do have some pictures to post, but they are in a different format than usual since I ended up forgetting our camera. I'll do that later this week when I get a chance

No comments: