Friday, January 9, 2009

New Years

Gene's Aunt Leenie, Uncle Kevin and his cousins Jacob and Hannah came to visit us to celebrate the New Year. Andrew was so excited to be around Jacob especially. Gene and I had to work on New Year's Eve, so Aunt Leenie watched the boys and went downtown and just had some fun. Once I got off work I got dinner together of Ham, cheesy potatoes, beans, and rolls. Later my parents also came over to join in the fun. We ate lots of yummy appetizers and ended up having a guitar hero tournament which even my parents participated in - hilarious!! What was even more funny is that my Dad actually beat Gene in the first round of the tournament. Gene used the excuse that he had no musical training, but you don't really need to be musical to get it. I won the tournament which was a surprise since I had never played before. The boys didn't make it until midnight, but everyone else did. Hard to believe 2009 is here
The look on Mom's face is priceless. She was having fun even though she lost in the first round!!
Gene and Dad had fun. I think Dad was concentrating too hard to have fun with it.
Andrew was dancing around and being silly. He also was enjoying the snacks. Notice the orange fingers and mouth.

2 comments:

Dana said...

Oh, Oh, Oh, Grandma looks hilarious. I can't believe she played it. - love, Emily

Rachel Hill said...

I love the picture of your mom!!