On Saturday was Emily's 11th birthday. Hard to believe since I remember helping to take care of her when she was just weeks old. My how time flies!! Emily had decided that she wanted to go to the Art Museum and to the zoo, which are both FREE in St. Louis. Mom, Dad and I helped Aunt Dawn with some prep work for the confirmation party, so we didn't go to the art museum, but brought sandwiches for a picnic lunch and then we all went to the zoo. I hadn't been there for awhile and enjoyed it, but kept thinking about how much my boys would have loved it. Gene did manage to take them to the Indianapolis zoo during the weekend and we now have a +2 pass, so any 2 visitors can join us at the zoo for free.
The mommy muskrat and her three babies, they were cute rats.
The penguins are always my favorite!!
This peacock was showing off his stuff and didn't mind posing for my camera.
Since it was Emily's birthday we all went to dinner at the Pasta House, yummy!! They brought out a rich chocolate cake for Emily, her favorite.
On Sunday we all went to my cousin Leyna's confirmation. I didn't take too many pictures of the confirmation, but did manage to get one of Dana, Grandma and I. May 5 will be Grandpa's 90th birthday and May 23 will be Grandma's 88th birthday. So many years of great memories and blessings!! Happy birthday Grandma and Grandpa!!

6 comments:
Not the last grandchild to be confirmed! You forgot Erica...
I'm the last grandchild by blood!!! EH!!!!
And I would think that is rather rude and insensitive to imply that that matters, Leyna!
Well EH!!!!
you weren't even there for me so Y do you care...you like have never been there for me since you moved to colorado...I RELE WANTED YOU HERE TOO! that's why i'm looking forward to you moving to STL
Thanks for the edit, Holly! Honest mistake...
Leyna, why do I care? Because Erica is my sister and being adopted does not change any of that. In fact, adoption is such a clear reflection of how God adopts and accepts us as his sons and daughters.
Post a Comment