Monday, August 10, 2009

Gene's Birthday!!

Gene's 30th birthday was on Friday August 7. He and I had both asked off from work a long time ago. I had in mind to do something fun as a family, but Gene had decided that we should do something else. Gene thought we should take the boys to Sandy's house and do some house projects, steam clean the family room carpet, do some finishing touches on the master bath project, mow the lawn, you get the idea. I didn't think that was much fun, but I couldn't seem to convince him otherwise. Luckily Gene's Mom called me on Wednesday and said that Jamie and her wanted to drive down and surprise him on Friday morning. I proceeded as if we were really going to do these home projects and was rather convincing. I was able to explain away a few missed calls from Gene's Mom on my cell phone as her calling to ask if his gift had arrived.

So Friday morning I got ready and left with the boys to run a a few errands and "drop the boys off at Sandy's house." Really I was running some errands and killing time until Gene's Mom and Jamie were able to get there. They got there close to 10:00 and surprised Gene. He had already started to move furniture and stuff out of the family to prepare for the steam cleaning. So the house was a little crazy, but we quickly got ready and left to go to the zoo.
Andrew loved looking at all the different animals. The walrus is actually his favorite, but I didn't get any pictures there.

Noah waiting patiently for his ice cream that Grandma Buerosse was getting. YUM!!
Look at the cute baby elephant!! Did you know a mama elephant is pregnant for 22 months before giving birth? Nine months is long enough!

Noah enjoyed riding on Daddy's shoulders on our way back out to the car. What a fun zoo trip!!

Gene's Mom treated us for dinner at O'Charley's and then we came home for birthday desert. I had asked Gene what kind of cake he wanted and he requested the brownie delight desert that I make quite often. I actually managed to find 30 candles and we all sang HAPPY BIRTHDAY to him. He was so excited to be able to celebrate with Jamie and his Mom.

Noah being silly while sitting on Grandma Buerosse's lap. What a silly boy!!

After the boys were in bed we played a little American Idol on the Wii.
Jamie and Mom B. left on Saturday morning around 8:00 or so. Thanks so much for helping to make Gene's 30th birthday a memorable one!! Much more memorable than steam cleaning and caulking!!!

No comments: