I'll post some pictures later, but I'll at least write about our fun 4th adventures. I actually forgot my camera, opps, so took pictures with my phone. The quality isn't as good, but at least I am able to transfer things onto the computer from my new phone which I'll do later.
Our trip up to Wisconsin ended up taking longer than usual due to some construction traffic on 65 North. Chicago wasn't the hold up this time. So we made it up there around 10:30 PM and the boys went back to sleep easily. On Friday morning Gene and the guys went golfing and I hung out with Mom Buerosse and the boys. Later in the morning we drove over to Grandma Kernen's house so she could see the boys. She recently had back surgery and is doing rather well, although she is still moving slow and being careful of course. Friday evening Gene's Dad treated up to some home made calzones, yummy!! After dinner we headed to the tennis courts to play doubles, Gene and I vs Shannon and Jamie. Needless to say Gene was not happy that his sisters beat us. He would say they took advantage of my inexperience. It was all in fun though and at least us girls had fun and Mom and Dad Buerosse and the boys enjoyed watching.
On the 4th we got up early to go to a parade in Union Groove, Wisconsin. Gene's Aunt Terry works for the town and was in charge of coordinating all the stuff for the parade. This meant that Aunt Terry had to find 3 judges not from the area to provide unbiased judging. Mom Buerosse, Uncle Billy, and Aunt Kathy were the chosen judges and had fun picking out their favorite floats. Where we sat to watch the parade was near the beginning and allowed for my boys to come home with the mother load of candy. I'm not kidding it was about a half Target bag FULL of candy, crazy!! They also enjoyed the fire trucks, tractors, floats, and construction vehicles. In the afternoon a bunch of Mom Buerosse's side of the family came over for a cook out and then fireworks late in the evening. They are lucky to have fireworks at a park that is walking distance from the house, so no dealing with major traffic issues. The boys had fun running around and playing with their glow necklaces before the fireworks. Believe it or not Noah actually fell asleep during the fireworks. Slept through the finale and all, CRAZY!!
Sunday morning Mom Buerosse made us a yummy french toast breakfast and then we gathered our stuff together to get on the road. It was a fun weekend! Thanks Buerosse's for all the fun!
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment