Monday, October 20, 2008

Busy Weekend!!

We had a very full but fun weekend. We started Sat morning with carving pumpkins. We decided to let Andrew and Noah deal with pumpkin innards while still in their jammies since we figured they'd mess up their clothes. Andrew didn't like the insides very much and said, "Mommy that yucky." as he pointed to the pumpkin guts. We carved two smaller pumpkins that Grandma Buerosse had gotten for the boys and the big one that Andrew picked out at the pumpkin patch.



After the pumpkin carving Gene cleaned out the garage and I did some inside stuff and then took the boys to the school playground behind our house. It was easier to keep them out of the way then to try to have me help with the project too. Our garage looks much more organized now thanks to my ever so organized husband - Thanks honey!! Since we were having some people from Gene's work over for the Packer/Colts game we decided to make a few deserts. Gene made pumpkin pie and I made a chocolate pudding cheesecake desert - YUM!! Below you see Noah enjoying the beater from the cheesecake part of the desert. What a cutie. Then there's the picture with the boys "helping" Daddy with the pumpkin pie. I almost forgot another important thing. Grandma and Grandpa Truwe came over for dinner and then watched the boys so that Gene and I could go see the movie Fireproof. It is an awesome movie and I would definitely recommend it!!



Then on Sunday we went to church and wore our Packer gear. We got a few teasing comments, but all in good fun. People came over around 4:00 or so for the game. We tried not to give all of them too hard of a time since they were all Colts fans of course. We were grateful for the victory, a nice ending to a nice weekend.

No comments: